Performance and specifications
- Manage and maintain in good condition at all times and for emergency use security Escort/Patrol vehicles for day to day 24/7 Armed Emergency Response distress services to provide immediate rescue and evacuation of personnel under attack or threat.
- Assist and convey the Business Unit Security Supervisor and armed Mobile Police/ NSCDC personnel in the Emergency Response Team to incident scenes immediately in response to distress calls from staff in the field within 30 minutes of receiving such report.
- Support in the carrying out patrol, surveillance, raid, arrest and conveyance of suspected energy thieves, vandals and other suspects to the Police, NSCDC, SSS and any other recognized security offices for investigation and prosecution and to the courts where applicable.
- Prepare and keep security log of movements made in the course of duty and report issues that will affect prompt response and resolution of distress calls.
- Ensure the safety of the passengers in the escort/patrol vehicles at all times without engaging in acts dangerous to the well-being of the emergency response team.
- Carryout escort/patrol duties for Executive Management Team and for Ikeja Electric events without causing accidents to the vehicle, passengers and convoy.
- Provide the Supervisor and Team member information that will aid their operations at all times.
- Ensure adequate supply of fuel in the vehicle and maintenance of the security gadgets and equipment to ensure that their functionality at all times.
- Participate in the conduct of weekly security activities at the Business Units as may be directed by the Business Unit Security Supervisor.
- Participate in the conduct of Fire drills and Emergency Evacuation procedures in line with Safety requirements.
- Report any security incidents, breach or security alerts that affects the business operation within the Business Unit, Undertaking and Injection Sub-Station.
- Follow up with the Business Unit Security Supervisor on security incidents brought to his knowledge to enable swift response in accordance with statutory conducts and respect for fundamental human rights.
- Initiate ideas and plans to assist the Business Unit Security Supervisor and Emergency Response Team Members in providing confidence to staff in the work place.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned to you by the Chief Security Officer, Business Unit Security Supervisor from time to time.
- Holders of S.S. C.E\ G.C.E\ N.E.C.O\NABTEB or Equivalent with credit passes in five science subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Age: Not more than 38 years old.
- SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Communication Skills
- Good Temperament
- Physical stamina
- Knowledge of Occupational health and safety guides,
- Mental Alertness
- Deductive Reasoning